The fast expansion of remote work and the emergence of hybrid workplaces have made IT managing operations more complex. But Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) software offers a solution to this concern. It mainly provides a centralized platform from where organizations can manage all endpoints, devices, and applications.
UEM unifies everything into a single, user-friendly platform rather than utilizing different tools for each device type. Therefore, the IT staff’s lives are made simpler while also saving time and resources. However, there are more features in UEM tools, such as security measures, third-party integration, analytics, and so on.
In this article, we’ll explore the many benefits of UEM software and highlight the key features you should consider when selecting an ideal solution. We’ll also provide an overview of some of the best UEM software available. As a consequence, you can save time and effort in choosing the right tool for your organization.
Business Benefits of UEM Software
Businesses of all sizes and industries can optimize their IT management using UEM software. So, Let’s check out the business benefits that organizations can get using UEM tools:
Simplified Device Management
Businesses can monitor and maintain all devices from a centralized dashboard. When all the endpoints are connected to a single UEM tool, device management becomes easier. As a result, it simplifies the workflow, reduces cost, and makes the work simpler for IT teams.
Currently, more people are working remotely and using personal devices in the digital work environment. Thus, security has become a major concern for businesses. UEM tools enable organizations to monitor and secure all devices connected to their network. It boosts security measures with multi-factor authentication, encryption, and remote wipe capabilities.
UEM software offers insightful analytics on device performance and use. Businesses can monitor device performance and the use of certain apps. Thus, they can improve device permanence, save expenses, and make educated use policy choices. Furthermore, UEM tools can provide reports on device compliance to identify security issues and respond accordingly.
Businesses are required to abide by certain compliance regulations in many sectors. So, by verifying that all devices adhere to regulatory requirements and standards, UEM tools can aid with compliance management. This covers laws governing data protection, such as GDPR and HIPAA, as well as standards unique to certain industries, such as PCI-DSS and SOX.
Features To Look For In a UEM Software
While selecting UEM software for your organization, these are the factors that you should look for:
Device Support: An ideal UEM tool provides support for all different kinds of devices, including desktops, smartphones, and more. Also, It won’t be restrained o serve any particular operating system.
Save Device Management: The UEM software should provide secure device management and guard against data breaches. Thus, it should include cutting-edge security features such as data encryption, VPN, and antivirus protection.
Easy deployment and scalability: The tool should be simple to install, configure, and adapt in accordance with changing business requirements. IT team should be able to control devices from anywhere with the help of remote device management capabilities.
User-friendly Interface: With a user-friendly interface, the team should make the device management duties simpler. Moreover, it should shorten the IT team’s learning capabilities.
Powerful Reporting & Analytics: Using the tool, IT personnel should be able to monitor device use and spot performance problems. Moreover, it should keep tabs on security risks with the help of EUM tools, complete reporting, and analytics features.
Integration Capabilities: To offer end-to-end device management features, the app should smoothly interact with other business apps and platforms. For example, security information and event management (SIEM) and identity and access management (IAM).
Compliance management: The tool should include features to employ compliance management capabilities. Hence, organizations can satisfy regulatory obligations such as HIPPA, PCI-DSS, and GDPR.
After learning about the essential feature of an ideal UEM tool, let’s now delve into some of the top-performing tools available.
Endpoint Central, formerly known as Desktop Central, is a powerful UEM and security solution. It was developed to simplify the security management of servers and different devices (Desktop, Smartphones, and more).
This tool allows businesses to manage all their endpoints from a single spot. That is how it automates routine management tasks with its valuable features.
- Patch management feature that automates common endpoint management tasks. For example, Patch installation, software deployment, OS deployment, and imaging.
- Asset Management feature allows users to control USB devices, monitor software usage, and manage software assets & licenses.
- Remote desktop management allows businesses to control distant workstations.
- Mobile device management enables businesses to control mobile device usage. It establishes profiles and rules and sets up Wi-Fi, VPN, email accounts, and more.
- Cutting-edge security management capabilities such as BitLocker management and data loss prevention, Moreover, it provides app & device security and ransomware protection.
- With operating system management, businesses can automate OS and app deployment.
- USB device management makes monitoring and regulating USB device usage easier.
- Power management enables businesses to control power usage and save energy costs.
- Automates compliance management and allows organizations to adhere to industry norms and laws.
NinjaOne is a unified endpoint management system that assists users in managing endpoints centrally and efficiently. It provides top-notch endpoint visibility and control by easily boosting technician efficiency. Therefore, you will get unified device management, automate tasks, and drive efficiency.
- Offers real-time monitoring and auto-alerts the technicians to resolve issues and minimize impacts on end-users.
- With secure remote access, users can take control of managed endpoints and secure hands-on support.
- One-click activities, fixing problems, stopping tasks, and starting terminal sessions without disturbing end users.
- Endpoint task automation that automates repeated endpoint activities that help to standardize results.
- Auto-remediation with condition-based script deployment for halted services, skipped reboots, and missing apps.
- One-click Software management ability to install or uninstall apps.
- Infinite scalability with a cloud-based infrastructure that is fast and secure and manages 50 to 15000 endpoints.
- User-friendly interface that assists technicians in productive work with concentrated activities and minimal clicks.
Citrix is a comprehensive UEM solution for endpoint management, previously known as XenMobile. It enables businesses to control and protect mobile devices, applications, and data. This unique software enables IT managers to provide a reliable and secure user experience across a variety of platforms and gadgets.
- Device management through a single console that enables centralized device control. Thus, admins can easily deploy apps, configure rules & settings, and enforce compliance.
- App management allows businesses to control apps across a range of platforms and devices. So, admins can distribute & manage apps, guarantee app security, and enable sign-sign-on for apps.
- Secure access for mobile users in business resources, including conditional access and multi-factor authentication, and more.
- The data protection feature allows admins to lock sensitive company information on selected mobile devices. Admins can impose encryption, data loss prevention (DLP), and remote features.
- Intuitive admin management that allows users to handle the endpoint management from a single point. Consequently, managing mobile devices, apps, and data becomes easier.
Hexnode is one of the leading UEM software developed to simplify device management. It can easily work through different platforms and environments. Using this tool, IT teams can remotely monitor, manage and secure various endpoints. Thus, manage smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and more from a single point using Hexnode.
- Provides a full range of OTA (over-the-air) remote device management options for devices. Through a single interface, you can quickly enroll devices, set up rules, and keep an eye on the performance and health of your devices.
- App Management option allows users to manage app updates, customizations, and deployments in registered devices. It supports both open and closed business app stores, making it simple to share apps across your company.
- High-tech security management options include remote device locking, whipping, and location tracking. Also, it comes with secure containerization to isolate and safeguard business data for data privacy on devices.
- For Content management, it provides safe access to the admins on business data on different devices. The secure CMS of this platform enables you to distribute files and docs to particular devices or groups of users.
- Customizable Kiosk mode enables you to restrict access to devices to a certain app or group of apps.
- In-depth analytics and insights on a variety of topics, including app use, device usage, security incidents, and more.
With 42Gears, IT teams can manage all types of endpoints, apps, and content utilized in a business ecosystem. It follows a consistent and holistic approach to streamlining the UEM solution from a single point.
Moreover, it solves cross-platform dependencies and offers protection and control for different endpoints. With outstanding features, it guarantees that business processes and apps operate uniformly across the endpoints.
- Supports All OS types, including Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, Linux, and so on.
- Offers a single platform to monitor and maintain all endpoints. The endpoints include BYO devices, IoT devices, sensors, getaways, desktops/laptops, and more.
- Assists businesses to flexibly migrate from legacy platforms such as Windows 7 to a better EMM-compliant version like Windows 10.
- Removes endpoint complexity, offering support for multi-device architecture.
- Enhances the productivity of the users by letting them concentrate on important tasks rather than the access issue.
- Ensures continuous security compliance on all supported devices and platforms through a standard set of security protocols.
- Data loss prevention rules are used to protect sensitive users, device apps, and network data.
Sophos claims to be the leader in secure device management as a UEM solution. In order to manage and protect both conventional and mobile endpoints, enterprises can use this solution. It comes with a renowned end-point security technology that flawlessly connects with Windows 10, macOS, iOS, and android devices.
- BYOD environments are supported through the Android Enterprise Work Profile & iOS User Enrollment management modes.
- Data separation according to classification, such as business data and personal data.
- Strong Security measures through X’s deep learning engine protect against identified and unidentified threats.
- Integrated with Sophos Central provides endpoint, network, and server security as well as centralized control devices. It is a web-based admin interface that is easy to utilize.
- Single dashboard where you can explore and respond across many forms of data. Plus, you can detect unpatched devices and check vulnerabilities and unwanted programs.
- With Sophos XDR, extend your organization’s visibility by performing complete threat detection and IT ops tasks.
Scalefusion is a unified endpoint management (UEM) software for modern workplaces. It provides flexibility and user-friendliness in managing multiple endpoints from any location and time. Besides, there are a lot of features that help in managing, controlling, and securing mobile apps and devices for the enterprise.
- Full control of devices via mobile device management feature. It allows remote device whipping, application management, device configuration, and security rules.
- Single dashboard for managing all the deployed apps and registered devices. Thus, providing user access to apps from Google Play Store, Apple App store, and more.
- In registered devices, manage all docs, images, videos, and more via content management.
- Kiosk Mode allows you to restrict devices to a single or group of apps. It’s perfect for usage in retail, hospitality, or educational settings.
- With the Geofencing feature to monitor devices, assets, security, and more.
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting feature monitors app usage, device use, device health, and more.
- Remote commands are available to manage manifold activities remotely on your android devices.
With Vmware experience the convenience of a single cloud-native solution that provides UEM for all devices. With this amazing solution, you can minimize your IT management cost and boost productivity.
The Workspace One UEM enables seamless management of all endpoints, irrespective of their platform or ownership model. As a result, unification in endpoint management is preserved on each platform. It supports most of the renowned platforms, including Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and so on.
- Provide a superior user experience that is constant across all devices. Investigate elements such as OS failures, app performance, device health, and more. Identify problems early on and find their core causes.
- Get a thorough security strategy that takes the user, endpoint, app, data, and network into account.
- Through actionable insight into OS upgrades, patch rollouts, app updates, device status, and more. Thus, you can optimize your IT operations by making data-driven choices.
- Build comprehensive workflows for managing desired states, app deployment, and device onboarding. Utilize the drag-and-drop interface.
- A multi-tenant architecture allows you to create unique rules at each level of the organizational structure of your business. It includes the capability to inherit or override settings from the layers above.
- Control mission-critical frontline devices from a single interface with support for ruggedized devices, wearables, and IoT endpoints.
- Before allowing access, evaluate the level of compliance and any unusual activity using Zero Trust security. Access can be easily denied, and equipment can be remotely or automatically wiped.
- Provide the full app lifetime for different kinds of applications. All applications, including Office 365, will have access to a single self-service app catalog via Intelligent Hub.
- Create roles for certain users and groups, then grant them certain levels of platform access.
While choosing a UEM solution, businesses should consider some of the essential key features. Device management capabilities, integration with IT infrastructure, and security features are some of the major criteria. We’ve reviewed and enlisted some of the top UEM solutions available after examining a number of them.
However, you should thoroughly assess your business’s UEM requirements and contrast various solutions while selecting the best match for your organization. Thu, you can decrease the overall expenses, increase security and improve IT productivity with the right tool in place.
You may also explore some best remote monitoring and management software for SMBs.